Megan French is recruiting for an Associate Scientist to join the Antibody Discovery team of an ambitious company who are pioneers in the use of synthetic biology and its application to transform the discovery, development and manufacture of biologics, cell & gene therapies. Based in state-of-the-art laboratories near Oxford they are at the cutting edge of research in this field, which has huge potential to deliver solutions for the production of complex, high value products. They need to recruit an Associate Scientist to join their newly formed Antibody Discovery team as this expands due to an increased volume of programs, particularly the US.
They are looking for a scientist with previous experience working with generating antibody candidates from libraries to work within their laboratories based in Oxford. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with internal and external stake holders
- Keep up to date with scientific literature
- Provide summaries and reports to senior members of staff
- Provide accurate recording keeping at all times
- Developing antibody discovery technology and platforms
- Contributing towards government supported grants
- Use your knowledge of mammalian cell culture to develop adherent and suspension cell lines
They are looking for a creative thinking scientist who has a BSc/MSc with laboratory experience gained during your education or preferably within industry. You will need to have experience of mammalian cell culture techniques, and if you have experience of working with adherent and suspension cell lines this is advantageous to your application. With a strong biochemistry background, and experience using antibody screening technologies and engineering viral vectors, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and fascinating company.
Full details will be provided on application.