Megan French is recruiting for an Associate Scientist to join the Cell Line Development team of an ambitious company who are pioneers in the use of synthetic biology and its application to transform the discovery, development and manufacture of biologics, cell & gene therapies. Based in state-of-the-art laboratories near Oxford they are at the cutting edge of research in this field, which has huge potential to deliver solutions for the production of complex, high value products. They need to recruit an Associate Scientist to join their Cell Line Development team as this expands due to an increased volume of programs, particularly the US.
They are looking for a scientist with previous experience working cell line development for protein manufacture, to work within their laboratories based in Oxford. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with internal and external stake holders
- Keep up to date with scientific literature
- Provide summaries and reports to senior members of staff
- Provide accurate recording keeping at all times
- Development of internal platforms and commercial projects
- Setting up cell line development platforms for manufacture of therapeutic proteins
- Giving presentations to large internal and external groups
RequirementsThey are looking for a creative thinking scientist who has a BSc/MSc with at least 2 years of laboratory experience gained within a commercial or industry. You will need to have experience of mammalian suspension cell lines, and if you have experience of working with CHO cell lines this is advantageous to your application. With a strong molecular biology background, and experience generating stable, clonal lines, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and fascinating company.
Full details will be provided on application.