My client seeks an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join their busy team based in Rustington, West Sussex with travel to other sites within the UK and some trips abroad, and are offering a salary of up to £25,000 plus a benefits package that includes Company Pension, 25 days holiday and Private Medical Insurance.
As an experienced Quality Control Inspector, you will be responsible for ensuring products delivered to site conform to the drawing requirements by means of visual and measured inspection criteria.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring deliveries are inspected and receipted onto account in a timely manner
- Working with the Stores Department to turn around rework items efficiently using the most expedient solution where possible
- Will be involved in the Vehicle PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) process for outgoing vehicles for projects, and support rectifications
- Inspect goods to the correct standard MIL105d
- Raise PICR’s on rejected goods for suppliers
- Chase up rejected goods back from suppliers
- Liaise with Project Managers on parts for projects
- Support the Quality Manager in improving understanding of ISO9001 and ISO14001 across the Business
- Identify and understand Certification from suppliers
- Control in process inspection for vehicles
- Support the audit process on site
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills/experience:
- Relevant qualification in a quality engineering discipline or relevant experience
- Will understand and read engineering drawings
- Confidence in speaking direct to customers internal & external/suppliers
- To produce reports from SAP when required
- Use of quality inspection equipment
- PC skills word, excel and use of SAP one business systems
- Knowledge of ISO9001 procedures
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy team, in return for your skills and experience my client can offer a salary up to £25,000 plus a benefits package that includes pension, 25 days holiday and private medical insurance plus more.