Are you a passionate about Chemistry and do you have some commercial experience of using HPLC and other analytical techniques in a regulated laboratory? Do you have an understanding of GLP / GMP and are you keen to build on your Pharmaceutical career? If you can answer Yes to these questions, this could be an excellent opportunity, with a global Pharmaceutical company in Swindon.
The pay rate is up to £22,000 (paid as an hourly rate) and you will have a contract for 6 months initially, but with a good chance of extension or a permanent position beyond this. The successful candidate will conduct analysis in support of stability batch release, clinical batch release, analytical method development, analytical method validation and EU batch release. You will use various chemical, chromatographic and physical evaluation techniques.
A major Pharmaceutical service organisation based in Swindon, Wiltshire. Across 30+ sites worldwide, the company offers a range of drug development, manufacturing, packaging and distribution services to the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Swindon site is a R&D and manufacturing facility, producing both large and smaller quantities of patented products, including some sterile processing. This is an excellent environment in which to gain new experiences and develop your skills.
This is a challenging and engaging Analytical Scientist position which will suit someone with a degree and some commercial GLP experience. You will undertake the following:
- Use laboratory equipment, including but not limited to chemical, chromatographic and physical evaluation of Pharmaceutical dose forms.
- Conduct analysis in support of stability batch release, clinical batch release, analytical method development, analytical method validation and EU batch release. You will use various chemical, chromatographic and physical evaluation techniques.
- Use techniques such as Balances, pH meter, UV, Karl Fisher, FT-IR, TLC, Dissolution and HPLC (to include degradation analysis).
- Contribute to the writing of SOPs, analytical methods, stability protocols, method validation protocols and analytical investigations.
- Use Quality Management Systems including Trackwise, Qumas and LIMS, including helping with the implementation of change controls and change requests.
The successful candidate will have a Chemistry education (BSc or MSc / MChem). You also will need to have experience in analytical testing using some chemistry techniques such as HPLC, UV, FT-IR, Karl Fischer, Balances, pH meters within a pharmaceutical QC laboratory following GLP / GMP regulations. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to take on considerable accountability to perform and complete investigations of deviations.
You will ideally be able to start at short notice and be happy to work on a contract basis for 6 months, with the potential for extension beyond this.