An urgent vacancy has arisen for a Chemist with some experience from a commercial GMP / GLP lab (including the writing of reports), to join a leading Pharmaceutical organisation in Swindon, Wiltshire.
This is a contract for 6 months initially, with a good chance of extension and other potential opportunities. The pay is up to £25,000 (paid as an hourly rate) and the experience you gain here will be extremely valuable for your future career in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development and Chemistry. You will undertake a range of duties, relating to general lab support and the writing of documentation (including SOPs and other GMP documents), to support the company’s Formulation team of around 20 people.
A major Pharmaceutical service organisation based in Swindon, Wiltshire. Across 30+ sites worldwide, the company offers a range of drug development, manufacturing, packaging and distribution services to the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Swindon site is a R&D and manufacturing facility, producing both large and smaller quantities of patented products, including some sterile processing. This is an excellent environment in which to gain new experiences and develop your skills.
This is a challenging and engaging position which will suit someone with a Chemistry-focused degree and some commercial GMP / GLP experience. You will undertake the following:
- Write, update and maintain GMP documentation and SOPs.
- Provide general lab support.
- Contribute to experimental design for assigned activities.
- To compile and evaluate experimental data and make recommendations.
- To evaluate product and process using appropriate techniques e.g. physical stability.
- Assist in the development of suitably robust products of adequate quality to enable smooth transition to scale up, demonstration and validation activities.
- Provide lab-based support to the manufacture of GMP batches for clinical and stability studies and assist in experimental studies.
- Contribute to initiatives to increasing product capability & intellectual property.
- Ensure assigned activities are completed within agreed timelines and in compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will have a strong Chemistry education (BSc or MSc / MChem). You also will need to have some experience in a GMP / GLP regulated commercial environment (though candidates will be considered from smaller R&D / academic settings if you have still gained skills in technical writing, lab support, and perhaps formulation development).
You will ideally be able to start at short notice and be happy to work on a contract basis for 3-6 months initially, with the potential for extension beyond this.
Full details will be provided on application, so apply now!