Alex Dobson is recruiting for an Warehouse Coordinator with an internationally renowned transport and logistics company. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience within a warehouse environment, specifically in dealing with documentation dealing with imports and exports. With this in mind a background within a freight forwarding organisation would be advantageous.
The company is one of the top 10 transport and logistics companies in the world and within the top 5 in Europe. As a company they match the needs of import and export organisations around the world and provide complex supply chain management solutions for major groups around the world. They work within numerous industries including the Aerospace, Food, Engineering, Oil and Gas and Healthcare. In addition to this they operate within 12 different sites across the UK.
- Liaising with the suppliers on behalf of the customers
- Assisting the customers with the import / export paperwork requirements.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs/Airline requirements, packing specifications and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations ;
- Help the warehouse manager within his tasks on the yard
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
- Assist in the ordering and loading the containers
- Documentation control and organisation skills
- Ability to arrange for forward planning of warehouse operations in order to meet vessel sailings
- Forklift license is a must
- Friendly, calm, professional manner and experience
- Ability to handle pressure
- Ability to adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and self-motivated
This is a permanent position.