Alex Dobson is recruiting for a Ocean Import Coordinator with an internationally renowned transport and logistics company. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone to accelerate inbound and cross trade movements on behalf of the clients needs and wants.
The company is one of the top 10 transport and logistics companies in the world and within the top 5 in Europe. As a company they match the needs of import and export organisations around the world and provide complex supply chain management solutions for major groups around the world. They work within numerous industries including the Aerospace, Food, Engineering, Oil and Gas and Healthcare. In addition to this they operate within 12 different sites across the UK.
- Planning and arrangement of international shipments
- Opening of files and issuing notices of arrival for Sea, Air, Road & Courier shipments
- Receiving of pre-advices and transportation documentation
- End to end monitoring of inbound and cross trade movements
- Correspondence with overseas offices/partners
- Issuing customs clearance instructions and ensuring 100% compliance with regulations
- Booking of FCL and LCL deliveries, inclusive of merchant haulages
- Day to day invoicing and job costing
- Follow up of purchase orders/shipments
- Good telephone manner and customer service skills are essential
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management
- Self-driven and motivated who strives to exceed expectations
This is a permanent position