Established, well connected and digitally savvy project director required for new Digital Lead role on the Hampshire / Surrey border.My client is an insight-driven healthcare communications agency that creates and delivers highly effective, bespoke marketing and medical communication programmes for leading global pharmaceutical companies. Their expertise lies in helping their clients ask the right questions of their audiences, they listen carefully to the answers and from this create beneficial relationships and impactful communication programmes that drive great results.
To continue their steady growth and to manage and deliver further exciting communications programmes, an experienced Digital Lead is sought who has the potential to further develop and grow the Digital business with the organisation.
There are three important elements of the Digital Lead role:
Digital Business Development
- Identify and winning new business opportunities developed from both existing clients and new client pitches
- Meeting digital financial targets agreed with Multichannel lead
- Working with the Senior Management team to help prepare for new business pitches, including development of communications strategies, operational recommendations, budgets and pitch presentations
- Lead the development of digital strategy and projects, delivered to the highest quality standards, within budget, on time and exceed clients’ expectations whilst maintaining quality standards
- Accountability and ownership of technologies, ensuring the company and clients are working in the best possible technical environment with best possible solutions
- Manage external freelancers/suppliers/production teams
- Work collaboratively alongside the creative and client services teams
- Ownership of digital production methods and environment
- Eye for innovation and a proactive approach to bringing further innovation into the offering
- Take accountability for digital client accounts and programmes, including building and maintaining optimum client relations, and financial management
- Leading digital conversations with existing clients and internal teams, and being the go to source of digital authority
- Working with the Head of Multichannel to proactively identify opportunities for organic growth with existing clients and driving them forward, proposing appropriate solutions and developing ideas through to successful implementation
- Actively seek out new technologies and advances within the digital field in order to keep the company’s existing and new clients and internal staff informed and engaged
- Ownership of a structured growth plan for the digital team, with a view to increase business and grow the capabilities of the team
Experience and Competencies Required
Above all, the Bedrock Digital Lead needs to demonstrate excellent project management and client liaison ability with a good understanding of technology and ideally have the following core experience and competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar healthcare/pharma position
- Demonstration of the management of digital activities including the development of websites and website applications, animations, mobile applications, social media campaigns, digital presentations and exhibition technology
- Demonstration of first class project management skills using structured approaches
- Experience of writing detailed project specifications that can be used by development teams to build software
- Demonstrate competency to liaise with client IT teams
- Understanding of user experience and how this plays a key role in the multichannel environment
- A motivated self-starter, looking to grow a team, with strong analytical, enquiring, insightful, communication and strategic thinking abilities.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects and suppliers simultaneously.
- Have a real passion for digital and understand its position within the mix of channels.
- Friendly, flexible individual who is capable of conversing effectively at many different levels.
Interested? For more information please get in touch on 01403 216216