This position has been created due to the ongoing expansion of the company’s Stevenage facility, a multi-million pound site that offers the most pioneering scientific manufacturing services in the UK. You will join a genuinely exciting, forward-thinking and award-winning organisation which works in collaboration with academic and commercial life science partners, bringing innovative therapies to market to tackle a range of medical conditions. You will be based at a state-of-the-art facility in Stevenage which is made up of manufacturing facilities, grade A/B clean rooms, QC laboratories, warehouse areas and business offices. The site opened last year and continues to be developed, with funding in place to now double the number of clean rooms. This will mean an ongoing increase in headcount, hence this new role.
As part of an HR team which is split between Stevenage and the company’s partner site in Central London, you will have a range of responsibilities including:
- Being the first point of contact for all employees for all HR related queries
- Supporting the processing of the monthly payroll and assisting with numerous projects
- Assisting with payroll administration and processing by providing the department with relevant employee information
- Managing employee documentation, including contracts, recruitment paperwork and starter packs
- Forming and maintaining employee records on the HR system (a mixture of paper-based an electronic record-keeping) and updating relevant databases
- Preparing and amending HR documents such as employment contracts and recruitment packs
- Assisting in the reviewing and renewing of company policies and legal compliance documents
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics
- Overseeing employee benefits packages
- Attending meetings and taking notes, including disciplinary / grievance hearings and department meetings
- Leaver administration, including the recording of all exit interviews
- Setting up new starters and their personnel files and co-ordinating induction training programmes
- Communicating with external partners, including recruitment agencies
The successful candidate will be a versatile, hard-working and diligent individual with strong people skills. We are looking for someone with a solid grounding in HR, ideally gained in a busy and professional commercial organisation. Part or full CIPD qualification would be a very strong advantage, backed with strong English and Maths, high levels of computer literacy, and excellent document administration skills. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to build relationships with people at all levels and across different sites, through face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication.
You will be based full-time in Stevenage, with occasional travel (perhaps 2 or 3 times a month) to the company’s head office in Central London. Full details will be provided on application.