My client seeks an experienced Buyer to join their busy team based in Weybridge, Surrey with occasional travel to their other site based in West Sussex, and are offering a salary of up to £35,000 plus a benefits package that includes Company Pension, 25 days holiday and Private Medical Insurance.
As a Buyer (Manufacturing) the key purpose of the role is to support the materials requirements for my client’s vehicle armouring programmes. This will include assessment of technical and commercial requirements, supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure on-time supply within budgets.
- Direct and Indirect procurement
- Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
- Competitive bidding and negotiation.
- Quotation analysis and ordering compliant with Company policy and procedures.
- Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans
- Shortage reporting and resolution.
- Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process.
- Procurement support to the facilities management team
- Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of company objectives.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Occasional support for Import Export function
Suitable candidates will ideally possess the following skills/experience/qualifications:
- HND / Degree qualified preferred or equivalent practical experience.
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
- Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
- Skilled in negotiation.
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Full driving licence and be willing to travel to other sites within UK as and when required