An award-winning communications company, looking to expand with a talented new addition to the team based in Reading. They specialise in medical education and communications for domestic and international clients in the pharmaceutical industry. As a key member of the account management team and the primary client liaison point on projects, you could be working closely with the in-house teams, managing a portfolio of projects from pitch to delivery. You could be playing a key role in supporting the accounts team in understanding client needs, scoping appropriate solutions and creating proposals.
My client looks for candidates with exceptional problem solving, troubleshooting and diplomacy skills. You’ll have strong face-to-face and written communication skills, project management and/or producer experience and a proven ability to develop enduring client relationships that can grow. The successful candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, creative environment with occasional travel to Europe, the US and Asia.
You will have a broad role which includes the following:
- Working closely with clients and healthcare professionals to understand their needs and translate these into opportunities for developing high-quality medical communication solutions
- Proactively driving projects forward and seeing them through to completion in a timely manner
- Working closely with internal teams to manage priorities and ensure that solutions are delivered to the highest standard
- Proactively managing project scope and budgets to ensure that any issues are communicated to clients and that project profitability is maintained
- Developing an understanding of new therapy areas quickly and comprehensively, inspiring confidence with the client
- Identifying opportunities for new business within existing accounts
- Supporting new business initiatives, including attendance and presentation at pitch meetings
- Training and developing account executives, and conducting performance reviews and appraisals
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally 2:1 or higher) and a strong academic record
- Some good experience in a client services role in a medical communications agency or pharmaceutical company
- A proven track record of client and account management and delivery of organic growth and new business
- Experience of managing and developing a team, and proven leadership and influencing skills in a multidisciplinary environment
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills, and excellent attention to detail
Sound good? For a full job description and information about the agency, do please get in touch.