My client's mission is to pioneer technologies that streamline the discovery, development and production of biologics, cell and gene therapies. This is enabled through cutting edge bioinformatics, including algorithms and tools, that drive the rational design of complex biological systems at the DNA level.
They are looking for a bright and talented Medical Writer /Technical Content Writer/Product Support specialist to join their growing commercial team. You will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be. The chosen candidate will work with senior scientists, group leaders and company directors to develop innovative and exciting content that will engage their customers in the fields of cell and gene therapy, antibody discovery and development, and gene editing using CRISPR.
Located within purpose-fitted laboratories and modern offices at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford, they are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company.
“We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!”
- Technical writing - Content will align with our core business divisions and be a combination of explaining in depth and detail the technologies Oxford Genetics has to offer customers, technical notes to provide industry wide context on emerging market needs, and general web content such as how-to guides, methods of optimization, protocols and blogs.
- Product Support – assisting the product manager with technical collateral required for the onboarding of new products
- Events Support – distilling company generated technical posters and presentations developed by our scientists into collateral to assist the business development team at global events
- Publication support – assisting scientists within the company in the assembly of research papers for publication, including assessing for scientific accuracy and proofreading.
- Patent support – assisting in the technical construction of patents to support Oxford Genetics expanding patent portfolio
Bachelor of Science in a relevant field (Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology etc.), but ideally a PhD in a relevant field.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent scientific and general writing skills
- Fluent command of English language, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build excellent internal & external working relationships
- Organised, efficient and excellent attention to detail
- Flexible, proactive and open to change
- Highly computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office and ideally experience with citation software such as Endnote
- Experience of any of the following fields an advantage - viral production, antibody development, DNA molecular biology or gene editing
In addition to a competitive salary, the company offers an excellent benefits package including:
- 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%
- Health Insurance
- Group Life Cover
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Glasses Vouchers
- Modern, welcoming working environment