Are you an established PhD qualified senior level writer considering a step into a scientific team lead role. Do you enjoy mentoring and guiding junior team members and helping them achieve success? Do you enjoy planning the strategic direction of editorial projects? Do you want more variety and and the chance to work in a collaborative team environment?
My client is is a scientific and medical communications network with a reputation for excellence. They work with some of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in the world, helping them to connect with a global audience of healthcare professionals and patients. They have experienced continued growth over the past 15 years and recently secured new business wins on both a global and a national level.
They are currently looking for a scientific team lead to support expansion of the business. The successful candidate will be an outgoing and dynamic individual who has the necessary skills to lead a team of writers from both an editorial and a strategic perspective. As well as exceptional writing ability, the scientific team lead must demonstrate sound scientific knowledge and understanding, keen commercial acumen, an ability to think creatively and a talent for getting the best out of people.
- Leading and managing a team of medical writers
- Managing the delivery of a range of high-quality medical communication materials, including slide kits, meeting reports, websites and apps
- Allocating resources, including freelancers, to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Providing strategic direction to team members and other colleagues, based on commercial needs of the business and thorough understanding of clients’ needs and objectives
- Ensuring maintenance of high editorial standards through review of other writers’ work
- Developing specialist knowledge in specific therapy areas as directed
- Coordinating with design, production and account management teams for project delivery
- Training and developing associate medical writers
Desired Background and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher) in a life science (biological sciences, biomedical sciences or biochemistry, or a closely related subject), and ideally also an MSc and/or PhD
- At least 4 years’ experience as a senior medical writer or scientific team lead in a medical communications agency, with proven experience of line management
- Experience of managing and developing a team of medical writers, and proven leadership and influencing skills in a commercial environment
- Excellent organisation and project management skills, and a full understanding of industry regulations and guidelines underpinning medical communications activities
Sound good to you ? For a full job description and information about the organisation, do please get in touch.