A pioneering and ambitious Biopharmaceutical company who develop next-generation, programmed T-cell therapies to treat cancer. The organisation has existed for 4 years and is very well funded, with a clear strategy and expansion plan for the next 3 years and beyond. Scientifically, the company has extremely exciting technologies, using a broad suite of proprietary and modular T-cell programming to engineer precisely targeted, controlled and highly active T cells. Commercially, they have a pipeline of product candidates in development (for the treatment of haematological malignancies and solid tumours) and is increasing its GMP production capacity. Based in a state-of-the-art facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, you will join a team that is doing something genuinely meaningful.
This is a varied and exciting role which will include the following:
- Test products using cell based techniques for their release for use in clinical trials
- Support the design and execute supporting QC stability programmes
- Support the development QC assays suitable for product release or characterisation
- Author development reports and regulatory documentation
- Assist in technology transfer into the Product Delivery group
- Work with external QC service providers
- Select and purchase appropriate QC laboratory equipment
- Assist in Equipment Qualification
In addition to a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience), the company offers a very good benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent pension scheme
- Life assurance (4 times basic salary)
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance (paid for by the company for yourself only)
- Eye care vouchers
The successful candidate will have a strong qualification (higher degree preferred) in Biology, Biomedical Science, Immunology, Haematology, Pharmacology or similar, combined with experience gained in a commercial QC lab. You will need knowledge of a range of biopharmaceutical and cell-based techniques including (but not limited to) Confocal Microscopy, Flow Cytometry, Immunohistochemistry, PCR, DNA isolation / purification, Cytotoxicity and Cell Proliferation Assays.
You will need to have excellent people skills, the communication to communicate with colleagues and external partners at all levels, and first-rate organisational skills. Above all else, you must have a passion for Biotechnology QC and a desire to learn about innovative T cell cancer treatments.
Full details will be provided on application. Apply now!