Do you have extensive knowledge of Pharmaceutical packaging machinery and validating equipment for use in a fast-paced GMP environment? A brand-new position has arisen in Bolton, Lancashire for a Packaging Engineer. With very sociable hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and an excellent salary (up to £42k), this will be an excellent way to further your career, especially if you are interested in Validation and project-based work, rather than reactive maintenance.
A well-established, expanding and highly respected contract manufacturing and packaging organisation who service a global customer base. The Bolton operation offers state of the art automated packaging facilities, supporting the packing and distribution of a variety of clinical and commercial drug products, including temperature-sensitive drugs. The company offers innovative solutions with high quality, service and delivery standards in a fully cGMP compliant environment.
As a Packaging Engineer, you will support the whole Bolton site by sourcing, validating and fitting new packaging machinery to support the company’s clinical supply service capabilities.
Your role will be largely project-based as you ensure that each machine is sourced correctly and factory tested before being brought to site. You will also be responsible for the creation of validation documentation as part of a continuous process to ensure the company has the best possible, optimised equipment to meet clients’ requirements. Your duties will include:
- Design, retrofit and installation of serialised packaging lines, handling a diverse type of pharmaceutical products (blister, bottles, BFS, pre-filled syringes, tablets, capsules, soft gel, medical devices, etc.)
- Implementing site packaging and serialisation projects, managing, cost control, project schedules, and capital expenses.
- Driving long term site process, equipment, and systems standardisation and provide oversight, guidance and support for engineering projects/processes across the site.
- Construction Management in compliance with all applicable safety, regulatory and legal requirement.
- Drive serialisation standardisation on site.
- Providing engineering support and services for other site engineering projects.
- Working closely with site engineering, operational/technical leads, and other functional teams to drive effective program implementation.
- Development of standardisation of processes, guidelines and procedures across the site.
In addition to an excellent salary (up to £42k) the company offers the following benefits:
- Annual Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- On site canteen
- Free parking
We are looking for a confident Pharmaceutical Packaging professional who understands different packaging engineering technology and is looking for an exciting challenge. You must be able to display a broad knowledge of packaging serialisation standards (e.g. GS1) and Part 11-compliant computerised systems, as well as having experience of writing, executing and commissioning qualification documentation. The ideal candidate will have an Engineering background, with experience in a project-based validation capacity and a solid grasp of managing equipment installation and application, of whole packaging systems and components (data management, vision systems, printers, washers, metal detectors, counters, etc.).
Full details will be available on application. This a unique opportunity which will really help you to develop your career in fast-paced GMP operations and validation.