Sue Wood is recruiting for a Finance Manager to be based at a ground breaking new manufacturing centre for this innovative and growing biotech company based in Stevenage. The new multi occupancy facility, which opened at the end of last year, is now operating at full capacity and has already received funding to expand further by doubling in size.
Your role as the Finance Manager will work alongside the Financial Controller, where you will take responsibility for the day to day accounting systems, processes, controls, planning and reporting. This is an exciting opportunity that would suit an individual who wants to further develop their accounting experience in a growing and dynamic organisation. The role is an incredibly broad role that will provide experience across a range of activities and projects and will include responsibility for two direct reports.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assist with Monthly close and related reporting/variance analysis
- Timely and accurate preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Monthly calculation of the core grant claim
- Management of two direct reports and responsibility for the accounts payable and banking processes
- Ensure an excellent control environment is maintained, with support from the Financial Controller
- Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Lead with Year End Audit and Statutory Accounts Preparation
- Project work as required including systems, processes and reporting.
- Review of payroll (payroll is outsourced)
- To provide role or task cover for other finance team members. Including other tasks to support the finance team in achieving overall team objectives.
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- SAP or SAP ByDesign would be an advantage
- Strong control and process experience
- Month end, balance sheet management
- Forecasting and Reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Track record of delivering accurate results in tight deadlines, with limited supervision
- Hands-on, organised, self-starter who takes initiative
- Team work and willing to pick up other duties to assist in a small finance team.
- Accurate with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives
- Able to communicate effectively with non-finance colleagues
- Excellent knowledge of FRS102 and UK GAAP
- Qualified with a recognised professional accountancy body with 1-3 years PQE
In return for your skills and experience my client is offering a salary up to £48,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
The company’s headquarters are in Central London and spread over 3 sites including Stevenage and now have over 170 employees focused on Cell & Gene Therapy technologies. The company was set up by the government with the purpose to support the development of this sector by providing the scientific, technical, clinical, and commercial support to academia and industry to bring these life changing therapies to the market. This has been very successful so far with plans to continue to have an impact on the sector and lead the way. An example of this is the new Stevenage site that has been designed for the manufacture of these therapies in state of the art purpose built facilities. It comprises of Grade A / B clean rooms, QC laboratories, warehousing, dispatch, along with segregated client production and business offices covering 7,200 m2.
This is a permanent role.