Are you a Biochemist with strong leadership experience gained in a commercial GLP / GMP lab environment? If so, this could be an excellent opportunity to progress your Pharmaceutical career. A brand-new opportunity has arisen for a commercially-savvy and process-focused QC Team Leader, to lead, motivate and manage a Biochemistry lab within a pioneering Biopharmaceutical organisation. We are looking for an inspirational leader with a strong scientific background (including ELISA and other biochemical assay experience), a solid grounding in a GMP/GLP-regulated Pharmaceutical or Biotech environment and the ambition to undertake a varied and people-focused role.
A pioneering UK-based Pharmaceutical company specialising in the development and production of injectable and oral dose vaccines and diagnostic kits for people who suffer from allergies. They have developed an innovative approach to adjuvant therapy which will be of particular interest to someone with a passion for scientific innovation and GMP / sterile production. There are around 270 employees in Worthing and the company has an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, staff morale and ongoing development.
This is a varied role, based around the leadership, organisation and management of a lab-based Biochemistry QC team. The team performs analytical testing of raw materials and vaccine / diagnostics products, using a range of state-of-the-art biochemical assays and other techniques. You will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Organising the management of work of QC Scientists within the lab
- Carrying out tasks as directed by the QC Manager of Head of Quality and Science
- Conducting performance reviews and training
- Ensuring QC Scientists are briefed on urgent samples, procedure updates and issues
- Deputising for the QC Manager as required
- Actively promoting a positive and collaborative team culture
- Performing self inspections
- Working in collaboration with the Development team on long-term and short-term projects
- Raising and investing Non Conformances and Out of Specifications
- Maintaining and validating records on assay sheets and LIMS system
This is a genuinely unique, busy and exciting role with many different aspects, presenting a real opportunity to progress to the next phase of your career. Full details, including a comprehensive job spec, will be provided on application.
In addition to a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience, and to be discussed on application), the company offers a very good benefits package including:
- Annual bonus (discretionary and non-contractual)
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Life insurance scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Long term disability scheme
- Private medical plan
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree (or better still, MSc or PhD) in Biochemistry or similar (e.g. Immunology), including a strong understanding of the commercial application of biochemical techniques, including ELISA and other immunoassay techniques. You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and experience, gained in a managerial capacity within a regulated, process-led environment. Experience as a QC Team Leader in a Biopharmaceutical environment would be a particular advantage. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn, listen actively to others, and build collaborative relationships. This is a fantastic career opportunity, so please get in touch for more details.