Further positions have been created due to expansion in Stevenage for a Senior QC professional with a Biotechnology-related degree or higher (Pharmaceutical Science, Immunology or similar) and significant experience in a commercial lab-based role relating to cell biology and immunology. As a Senior QC Scientist, you will join the Technical Operations department of an exciting and unique organisation, manufacturing Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products and Gene Therapies to treat cancer. The company offers an excellent salary and benefits package and this will be a great career opportunity for someone with a passion for scientific innovation.
A pioneering and ambitious Biopharmaceutical company who develop next-generation, programmed T-cell therapies to treat cancer. The organisation has existed for 4 years and is very well funded, with a clear strategy and expansion plan for the next 3 years and beyond. Scientifically, the company has extremely exciting technologies, using a broad suite of proprietary and modular T-cell programming to engineer precisely targeted, controlled and highly active T cells. Commercially, they have a pipeline of product candidates in development (for the treatment of haematological malignancies and solid tumours) and is increasing its GMP production capacity. Based in a state-of-the-art facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, you will join a team that is doing something genuinely meaningful.
This is a varied and exciting role which will include the following:
- Qualify methods and processes to ensure their suitability for use in support of Clinical Trial manufacturing
- Support Clinical Trial manufacturing through provision of QC testing
- Design and execute supporting QC stability programmes
- Develop QC assays suitable for product release or characterisation
- Author development reports and regulatory documentation
- Assist in technology transfer into the Product Delivery group
- Work with external QC service providers
- Supervise staff or students as necessary
- Select and purchase appropriate QC laboratory equipment
- Assist in Equipment Qualification
In addition to a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience), the company offers a very good benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent pension scheme
- Life assurance (4 times basic salary)
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance (paid for by the company for yourself only)
- Eye care vouchers
The successful candidate will have a strong qualification (higher degree preferred) in Biology, Biomedical Science, Immunology, Haematology, Pharmacology or similar, combined with experience gained in a commercial QC lab. You will need knowledge of a range of biopharmaceutical and cell-based techniques including (but not limited to) Confocal Microscopy, Flow Cytometry, Immunohistochemistry, PCR, DNA isolation / purification, Cytotoxicity and Cell Proliferation Assays.
You will need to have excellent people skills, the communication to communicate with colleagues and external partners at all levels, and first-rate organisational skills. Above all else, you must have a passion for Biotechnology QC and a desire to learn about innovative T cell cancer treatments.
Full details will be provided on application. Apply now!