An experienced medical editor is required by award winning consultancy who are based within light and spacious offices that overlook the Thames in a leafy suburb, close to transport links into central London. You could be joining a close-knit and high performing team with an absolute commitment to bringing about health and wellbeing through pioneering medical communication strategies. Their business is flourishing and they are looking to add a motivated Medical Editor to the team who will be responsible for editing and proof-reading services for the teams over a range of medical education materials in both digital and print formats including slides, speaker briefs and materials to promote meetings. You would be part of a team comprising of writers, editorial support, creatives and junior client services support.
Day to day responsibilities
- Undertake editing of projects to the highest standard, with limited supervision
- Proof-reads and edits the full range of project types that are undertaken
- Aware of the editorial style required and able to make documents adhere consistently to the required style
- Updates and maintains style sheets for different accounts
- Highlight areas where there is a need for greater clarity, so that any queries are clear to the writer and the client/author
- Strong eye for detail and ensures consistency within and between relevant documents
- Well versed in referencing scientific materials
- Liaise with clients or authors as required to progress activities
- Participate actively in development of the editorial team, supporting the implementation of processes and standards of work across account teams
The skills we are looking for include:
- Strong scientific background – science degree or equivalent knowledge gained through work experience
- Previous experience of working as an Editor in a Medical Communications agency or a scientific publishing environment
- Excellent copy editing and proof reading skills
- Attention to detail
- Team worker
- Microsoft Word, Adobe, PowerPoint Savvy – Experience using Veeva or Zinc is advantageous
A competitive salary with annual bonus, 25 days’ annual holiday, Private healthcare, Life assurance plus a range of other great benefits are on offer. Interested?
Please get in touch for more information.