A pioneering and ambitious Biopharmaceutical company who develop next-generation, programmed T-cell therapies to treat haematological cancers and solid tumours. The organisation has existed for 4 years and is very well funded, with a clear strategy and expansion plan for the next 3 years and beyond. Scientifically, the company has extremely exciting technologies, using a broad suite of proprietary and modular T-cell programming to engineer precisely targeted, controlled and highly active T cells. Commercially, they have a pipeline of product candidates in development (for the treatment of haematological malignancies and solid tumours) and is increasing its GMP production capacity. Based in a state-of-the-art facility in London you will join a team that is doing something genuinely meaningful.
The role of Senior Data Scientist is to be based in their State of the Art laboratories where they are generating a large volume of characterisation data from their CAR-T cells manufactured for use in clinical trials. As the Senior Data Scientist, you will be leading the analysis of data, using you programming skills to develop the processes for capturing and analysing data. This will be combining genetics, FACS, metabolomics, NGS, and flow cytometry used in the characterisation if the drug products. With the purpose to understand the implications in terms of efficacy and identify markers and genetic profiles that link to efficacy so that they can continually develop their manufacturing methods.
This is an opportunity where you will have influence on how the responsibilities are conducted using your expertise as you see fit. You will be working closely with the Head of Process Development to further develop and enhance the systems they already have in place. With the potential to be a key part of the company’s data analysis as they continue to grow.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
For the role of Senior Data Scientist, you will need:
- PhD in a relevant field e.g. Computer Science, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics etc.
- Experience of working as a post doc or within a commercial role e.g. biotech or big pharma.
- You will need to have programming expertise, in particular in R and Python,
- Expertise at analysing large data sets. A background in applying statistics and bioinformatics to biological problems.
- Experience of working with NGS analysis tools and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Immunology, Immuno - Oncology, or T - Cells
- 25 Days Holiday
- Pension – 5% matched contributions
- Life Assurance – 4 times base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Cover
- Eyecare Vouchers.