Based in state-of-the-art laboratories on the outskirts of Oxford they are at the cutting edge of research in this field and are looking to recruit a Group Leader to take control of their Gene Editing team. This is their flagship team and has developed rapidly over the last 2 years. The successful candidate will be responsible for building on their success to continue to expand the group’s capabilities and reach. They use a variety of technical approaches to develop genetically engineered cell lines for a range of applications, including reagent verification, basic biology studies and complex disease modelling. In addition, the team carries out activities related to CRISPR based screening, from bioinformatic design through to library construction and verification, plus pooled and arrayed screens.
The Group Leader will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the cell engineering and screening team, ensuring experimental design is carried out accurately and efficiently and to generate customer proposals and provide regular updates/reports. This position would suit those with a strong background in gene editing and mammalian cell manipulation, but also those with an aptitude for process optimisation and an operational mindset.
Suitable candidates will need to possess skills/experience in the following areas: -
- Experience of day to day management of a small team ideally focused on cell engineering and / or screening.
- Supporting scientists with experimental design and approach
- Generating customer proposals, in close collaboration with commercial teams. Including regular customer updates, troubleshooting and presentations.
- Developing and nurturing a high performing team with the ability to provide training
- You will have a PhD ideally within Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or Biochemistry with 3 years industry setting experience
- High level understanding of gene editing technologies (especially CRISPR) and approaches for the design and analysis of gene editing strategies
- Experience of carrying out CRISPR based screening experiments preferably using KO and CRISPRi/a approaches
- Experience with automating and optimising biological processes
- Familiarity/direct experience with genetic engineering of iPSC, ESC or primary cells
- Ideally strong publication record.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry, utilising SOPs and templated documentation
- Experience of managing and developing a team of scientists and technicians
Please contact us, we would be happy to tell you more about this exciting Group Leader - Gene Editing opportunity