Senior Scientist - Virology/ Molecular Biology
An exciting opportunity has arisen with an Oxford based company who are developing novel vaccines that elicit strong responses from T-Cells. They have several assets (from pre-clinical to Phase 2) which are showing initial promising results within clinic. Based on the outskirts of Oxford, their technology has been developed based upon experience perfecting viral vector vaccine technology across multiple indications – predominantly for infectious diseases. Due to growth within the company they are seeking a Senior Scientist - Molecular Biology/ Virology to join the team. The unexplored potential these vaccines have for infectious disease, means you will be involved in industry leading research.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new approaches to viral vector vaccine generation, performing molecular cloning and characterization of viruses as well as developing new methods of generating recombinant vectors. In addition, you will also be responsible for the line management of 2 Research Associates.
Suitable candidates will need to possess skills/experience in the following areas:
- PhD degree in Biological or Biochemical Sciences with a couple of years’ experience (as a minimum) in Virology, Molecular/Cellular Biology or Microbiology (either in industry or academia)
- Significant experience of cloning genomes into vectors using a variety of techniques.
- Strong viral vector experience (gene therapy or vaccine fields)
- Experience of characterizing viruses by genome sequencing
- Experience of characterizing shuttle plasmids for generating recombinant viral vectors