Are you a hard-working, versatile individual with excellent attention to detail? A vacancy has been created within the laboratories of a leading Pharmaceutical company in Worthing, West Sussex. As a Lab Technician, you will have a range of lab support and administration duties to support the sampling and testing of innovative drug products. This is a fixed-term role for 12 months, with the possibility of extension beyond this.
You will work Monday to Friday, at either 7am – 3pm or 9am – 5pm. It would be ideal if you could do either time, but candidates will still be considered if they can only do one of these working patterns.
You will be paid a competitive salary (up to £18,000) depending on experience and this will be a great opportunity to build on your lab support skills. If you have an interest in science, backed with some experience in a lab or similar setting, and if you can demonstrate very high standards of work, this will be an excellent career move.
A pioneering Europe-based Pharmaceutical organisation specialising in the treatment and prevention of allergies. Their unique focus is on the vaccination and prevention of conditions such as hay fever and their products are fascinating, complex and ever-changing. The company employs around 270 people in Worthing and has an excellent reputation for providing career development opportunities, challenging and engaging work and a pleasant, vibrant working environment.
You will undertake a range of duties, either within the Microbiology, Chemistry or Biochemistry labs, including:
- Maintenance of the cleanliness of laboratories (including washing glassware)
- Daily calibration / verification of lab equipment (e.g. balances, pH meters, pipettes)
- Preparation and coordination of despatch of samples for external analysis
- Checking the quality of different components
- Performance of simple analytical tests
- Generation, collation and archiving of QC documentation
- Management of sample receipt and entering of sample information on computer system
- Coordination of maintenance activities for QC equipment
- Management of QC inventory (including ordering)
- Disposal of laboratory waste
- Preparation of laboratory reagents
Full details will be provided on request. This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months, though there is a good chance that other opportunities will present themselves for extension or permanent roles beyond this.
The successful candidates will be careful and committed individuals with a real interest in science and the desire to do something important. Previous experience in a lab (either a commercial laboratory or a school / college lab) would be a big advantage, though candidates will also be considered from other settings such as cleaning, clean room operations, kitchen, logistics / warehousing or some other process-driven environment. Please note that these positions are not intended for recent graduates. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work by yourself and as part of a collaborative team, together with the ambition to develop a career within a scientific organisation.