A major Pharmaceutical organisation in Bathgate has a vacancy to cover maternity leave 6 – months initially with a possible extension beyond this for a Quality Specialist to join their Quality Department. You will be paid £21,000 pro-rata and this would be a contract for 6 months initially (with a good chance of extension). You will be required to work 6am – 2pm and 10am – 6pm on a weekly rotating basis.
You will have a variety of responsibilities including:
- To ensure integrity of clinical trial supplies received stored and packed for shipment and they are compliant with GMP
- To complete documentation in accordance to relevant SOP’s while adhering to GMP as well as review and approve Quality Documents to ensure compliance
- To assist with investigations on issues which affect GMP compliance and batch integrity
- To review and approve incoming bulk, intermediate and finished materials while adhering to pharmacopoeia and client requirements
- To liaise with stakeholders, other departments, Senior Leadership Team and other sites that QA tasks and priorities are planned to meet business and regulatory requirements
- To report to Lead Quality Specialist to carry out functions relevant to the Quality objectives (GMP)
- To actively support the department in delivery of safety, quality, delivery & cost metrics.
- To promote a positive culture of pollution preventing and minimizing environmental issues through recycling, reducing energy usage, water usage and waste minimization.
This will be a busy, fast-paced role that requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to review and complete complex documentation. The projects are typically large and international in nature and can involve teams from multiple sites. The role involves making decision on material/product quality issues to ensure compliance. You will learn a great deal about the Pharmaceutical / Clinical Trial Supplies industry and this will be an excellent career opportunity to progress within Quality Assurance.
You will be paid an hourly rate which is equivalent to an annual salary up to £21,000, depending on experience. You will ideally live within commutable distance of Bathgate and be able to start at relatively short notice.
A major Pharmaceutical service organisation based in Bathgate, West Lothian. Across 30+ sites worldwide, the company offers a range of drug development, packaging and distribution services to the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Bathgate specialises in the packaging and distributing new drugs which are being tested in clinical trials across the worldwide. This is an excellent environment in which to gain new experiences and develop your skills in Pharmaceutical clinical supply chains. Full details will be provided on application.
The contract is offered for an initial period of 6 months, with the strong possibility of extension beyond this, though this is not guaranteed. You will be paid a salary of £21,000, which will be converted to an hourly rate which includes all statutory amounts such as 28 days’ holiday and national insurance contributions.
We are inviting candidates preferably with a scientific/technical/manufacturing background with experience in completing documentation in accordance with SOP’s, good attention to detail and experience of Pharmaceutical, Clinical Trials Packaging and/ or GMP Processes. You must have excellent communication skills, the ability to prioritise workload and able to make decision without hesitation. General computer skills are essential. Above all else, you must be hard-working and enthusiastic about working within the Quality Department. You must be able to commit to work shift hours (6am -2pm / 10am – 6pm – weekly rotating).