We are looking for an IT Desktop Support Officer with experience from a regulated scientific production environment (following GXP / GAMP5 regulations), to join a cutting-edge Cell & Gene company at their manufacturing centre in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. This is a key role where you will provide support to major system implementations, as well as hands-on desktop and technical support for internal employees and collaborators. This is a permanent role with a salary of £36,000 plus excellent benefits.
Full details about the company will be provided on application. As they are a major innovator of modern healthcare initiatives, it is important that you have experience from a highly regulated and process-driven environment, preferably including GMP clean rooms and associated IT systems.
Working in a fast-paced and innovative team, your key accountability's will include:
- Proactive assistance with the systems implementations projects to assist with a smooth implementation and rollout.
- Dealing with hardware issues, desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices both in person and remotely.
- Providing Desktop/Laptop support including the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365 products – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers and others as assigned.
- Support of VoIP telephony and Android mobile phones.
- Providing investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware / software problems. When unable to resolve, escalating in accordance with Helpdesk escalation processes.
- Acting as a member of the IT team in providing strategic IT direction for the business and operational support of IT infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Assisting with overseeing the security aspects of the company / project IT set-up including websites that may be hosted internally or externally.
- Liaison with potential and confirmed collaborators and their IT support partners / staff in coming into and operating within the Manufacturing centre. In particular, securing the access and integrity of data made available to individual collaborators.
- Managing service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Recording incident resolutions in the Helpdesk tool.
- Deploying new electronic equipment to support the company’s innovations.
- Working with TCP/IP and resolving general networking issues.
Knowledge and experience required
This role would suit someone who has in-depth proven experience of providing 1st/2nd and 3rd line infrastructure support, covering Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and various business applications within a fast-paced business environment. In addition, you will have proven knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques, experience of VoIP telephony systems and Mobile phone support and experience of network technologies. Experience of GAMP 5 and working within a GxP environment would be highly advantageous as would previous project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environments with exposure to an R&D interfacing environment a real bonus. You will be highly motivated, pragmatic and practical with a strong work ethic and eye for detail with good problem resolution, judgement and decision-making skills, able to take project ownership and pride in its delivery.