Are you a highly creative and energetic individual with a strong Life Science education and some experience in a Marketing and Communications? A brand-new role has been created with one of the most pioneering Biologics organisations in Oxford for a Scientific Marketing and Communications Manager. Do you have a flair for scientific writing and the ability to build strong partnerships with people at all levels? If so, this could be a genuinely exciting career opportunity.
This is a permanent position with an excellent salary (to be discussed on application), backed with an industry-leading benefits package and the chance to work in an expanding and state-of-art facility just outside of Oxford. Whilst the vacancy has created as an on-site position, the company is open to considering some flexibility regarding hours and some home-based working.
Based in state-of-the-art laboratories on the outskirts of Oxford, the company is at the cutting edge of Biologics development and production, with a main focus on viral vectors for different gene therapy applications. They use a variety of technical approaches to develop genetically engineered cell lines for a range of uses, including reagent verification, basic biology studies and complex disease modelling.
The company has expanded steadily for over 5 years and is in a phase of rapid expansion, leading to this new vacancy for a Scientific Marketing and Communications Manager.
This is a broad position in which your responsibilities will include:
- Creating marketing materials to promote the company’s specialist areas of expertise
- Delivering effective press campaigns and co-marketing initiatives in partnership with key clients
- Writing and editing scientific copy, with an informative and strategic value message
- Working with scientific teams to learn how to communicate product developments, present appropriate scientific data and support marketing campaigns
- Contribute to product launches by producing various written materials
- Acting as a central point of contact with different stakeholders including R&D, Business Development, Quality and Executive teams
This will be a varied and exciting role that will suit a personable individual who can think for themselves. Full details will be provided on application.
Suitable candidates will need to possess skills/experience in the following areas:
- A life science degree (preferable MSc / PhD)
- Experience in a communications, writing or marketing role, relating to life sciences. This will ideally be from within a commercial scientific business (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Cell & Gene Therapy etc), though academic experience (grant applications, scientific poster creation etc) will also be considered
- Strong commercial awareness and an astute sense of business viability
- A marketing qualification (CIM, MCIM, CIPR etc) would be preferable but is not essential