We are looking for a great communicator who enjoys building relationships with both scientific and non-scientific individuals. If you have Biochemistry degree (or similar) combined with a strong protein background (including ELISA and other protein biochemical assay experience), and a solid grounding in a GMP/GLP-regulated Pharmaceutical or Biotech environment, this will be an excellent career opportunity with a pioneering organisation. The company offers a strong salary and benefits package, together with excellent opportunities for career progression.
An innovative UK-based Pharmaceutical company specialising in the development and production of injectable and oral dose vaccines and diagnostic kits for people who suffer from debilitating and life-threatening conditions. They have developed an innovative approach to adjuvant therapy which will be of particular interest to someone with a passion for scientific innovation and GMP / sterile production. There are around 270 employees in Worthing and the company has an excellent reputation for its welcoming atmosphere, staff morale and ongoing development.
This is a varied role, based around the support of a lab-based Biochemistry QC team. The team performs analytical testing of raw materials and vaccine / diagnostics products, using a range of state-of-the-art biochemical assays and other techniques. You will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Ensure the potency & safety of the products released to market by managing, scheduling and performing biochemistry analytical testing
- Overseeing laboratory work to regulated standards, whilst maintaining laboratory functions and logistics
- Technical troubleshooting of biochemical assays (including ELISA and SDS-PAGE)
- Ensuring QC Scientists are briefed on urgent samples, procedure updates and issues
- Attending daily schedule meetings and supporting the QC Biochemistry Team Leader
- Raising and investigating Non Conformances and Out Of Specifications
- Carrying out tasks as directed by the QC Manager and Biochemistry Team Leader
- Actively promoting a positive and collaborative team culture
- Performing self inspections
- Working in collaboration with the Development team on long-term and short-term projects
- Maintaining and validating records on assay sheets and LIMS system
This is a genuinely unique, busy and exciting role with many different aspects, presenting a real opportunity to progress to the next phase of your career. Full details, including a comprehensive job spec, will be provided on application.
In addition to a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience, and to be discussed on application), the company offers a very good benefits package including:
- Annual bonus (discretionary and non-contractual)
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Life insurance scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Long term disability scheme
- Private medical plan
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree (or better still, MSc or PhD) in Biochemistry or similar (e.g. Immunology), including a strong understanding of the commercial application (ie. GMP / GLP) of protein biochemistry, including ELISA, SDS-PAGE and other immunoassay techniques. You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills and experience, gained in a managerial capacity within a regulated, process-led environment. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn, listen actively to others, and build collaborative relationships. This is a fantastic career opportunity, so please get in touch for more details.