If you are an ambitious, versatile individual who is excited about joining a growing business, this will be an excellent career opportunity. The company is paying a generous salary (to be discussed on application, but around the “mid to late 20s”) and this role is initially offered on a 12-month fixed-term contract (but with a very good chance of becoming permanent). You will encounter a range of projects, using your full spectrum of microbiological techniques (including rapid microbial identification testing and bioburden techniques).
You will join an exciting and innovative business who have developed and patented a novel drug delivery carrier. This drug delivery mechanism can be loaded with a range of ingredients, ranging from DNA to vitamins and proteins. They are also able to alter the design of their carrier to be polypharmaceutical, allowing several different methods for administration and timed release. The company is headquartered in the UK and has opened a new facility in Sussex to perform a range of analysis and analytical validation to support manufactured products and offer additional outsourced services.
- Performing microbiological validation tests and equipment qualifications using Validation Protocols and SOPs.
- Reporting and investigating any invalid tests or deviations from expected results or documented procedures
- Cleaning, calibrating and maintaining equipment.
- Drafting SOPs.
- Analysing and reporting test results.
- Preparing and maintaining reagents, standards, microbial cultures, or control samples; perform stock checks.
- Performing general laboratory housekeeping duties and stock checks
The successful candidate will have a Microbiology degree (or similar), combined with some experience gained in a commercial GMP / GLP setting. You will need to demonstrate knowledge of a range of microbiological techniques including microbial identification and bioburden. We are looking for a trustworthy, passionate scientist who enjoys troubleshooting and is open to different ideas. If you do not live within commutable distance of Eastbourne (e.g. Brighton, Hastings), you will need to demonstrate that you are genuinely able to move to the South Coast.