If you are excited by the opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and growing business, this will be an excellent career opportunity. The company is paying a generous salary and this role is initially offered on a 12-month fixed-term contract (but with a very good chance of becoming permanent).
You will join an exciting and innovative business whose mission is to safely deliver therapeutics to diseased cells. Being awarded numerous grants and investment, this company are at the cutting edge of scientific exploration.
As a Senior Translational Scientist, you’ll have the opportunity to build a radically different approach to how to deliver Cell and Gene therapeutics in vivo. You’ll be applying your knowledge of molecular and/or cellular biology to design and implement novel assays for Cell and Gene therapeutics in a preclinical setting. Being a small, but growing company will enable you to be involved in areas of science and preclinical research you might not be typically exposed to.
You need to be passionate about utilising your knowledge of molecular biology and/or biochemistry in innovative and transformative ways to cure disease. Specifically, you should be someone who:
- D. with specialisation in (Bio)chemistry, Molecular/Cellular Biology, Cell and Gene Therapy, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of post-doctoral or industry experience.
- Expertise in RNA biology and/or RNA (bio)chemistry.
- Pre-clinical and/or clinical drug development experience.
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology techniques, such as: PCR, DNA/RNA transfections, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, Western Blotting, histology and qPCR.
- Experience in the design and optimisation of RNA-based therapeutics.
- Cellular imaging and high content/multivariate image analysis and data processing.
- Cell biology expertise in mammalian cell culture and cell visualisation using techniques such as confocal microscopy and flow cytometry, including the use and generation of cancer cell models.
- Experimental design of in vivo safety and efficacy experiments.
- Generation of engineered cell lines and prior experience in generating complex DNA constructs for gene expression.
- Knowledge of RNA processing.
- Knowledge of RNA modification and synthesis.