- Are you an experienced Product Design Engineer with user-centred design and complex surfacing skills?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Contract role for initial 12 months, with competitive pay rates available
- Opportunity to gain further experience with a major Pharmaceutical and Combination Device company
Based in Cambridge we have an urgent and exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Design Engineer to join a global pharmaceutical solutions provider, working in state-of-the-art facilities.
Capable product design engineer / designer required to support the development of drug delivery devices. The role may include tasks from all stages of device development from user requirement capture and concept generation through to manufacturing considerations. The primary activities include a mixture of product design and industrial design to set the scope and specifications for new products, plus interactions with suppliers to guide the ongoing development. The role requires a combination of user focus, design communication and planning skills to identify user needs, to predict (and mitigate) design risks and to drive solutions forward.
This is a varied and engaging role, initially for a 12-month contract, but with a strong possibility of extension well beyond this.
One of the largest companies in the world covering a range of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare products and innovative development. The Cambridge site specialises in the design and development of drug delivery devices / patient device interactions and invests heavily in recruiting the best engineers and designers to contribute to the growing portfolio.
- Degree in Product Design or equivalent
- Expert-level Creo including complex surfacing and associated document management systems
- User focus
- Experience of design with plastic components
- Knowledge of injection moulding
- Experience of usability/human factors
- Experience within the medical device industry would be a benefit
- Knowledge of ISO13485
- Experience of design for manufacture with a semi or fully automated environment would be an advantage