Remote Working - Anywhere in the UK or London Office Based
£Excellent Salary DOE plus benefits
This is a unique opportunity for a publications focused Medial Writer or Senior Publications Manager to join a global agency that offer high-quality medical writing and editing services to multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. They work with the Top 10 global pharma, biotech and medical devices companies and require an experienced individual to join their team of world-class medical writing and communications specialists, as a Medical Director.
They are looking for someone with expertise in the therapeutic areas of respiratory, specialising in publications.
If you are looking for challenging and rewarding work which combines your understanding of medical science, aptitude for writing, and flair for managing clients and people into one unique job, the Medical Director role is for you. This is an opportunity to grow your career and make a greater impact on the lives around you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely production of high-quality documents (manuscripts, abstracts, short communications, review articles) for publications in journals or for presentation in meetings and other written communication material supporting pharmaceutical brands, research or educational activities, and other business needs
- Act as document specialist and provide intellectual input across document types
- Deep understanding of medical publications strategies; Developing strategy, planning, and implementation of publication plans
- Review work done by team members and provide appropriate feedback and identifying training needs for the team
- Lead client calls from a scientific perspective
- Participate in strategic publication planning activities
- Participate in RFIs/RFPs and client pitches
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, including authors & KOLs
- Several years of core writing experience and further experience as a Medical Director in a scientific writing team at a pharmaceutical company or a medical communications agency
- Experience across several therapy areas, with expertise in respiratory
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing publication plans for both investigational and mature products, including gap analyses, needs assessments, scientific platforms, identifying target audiences, and journals and congresses.
- Experience of providing congress support and conducting advisory board meetings
- Willingness to train and develop junior writers by doing detailed reviews of documents and training sessions