A brand-new role has arisen in Eastbourne, East Sussex, to join an innovative Biotech company. We are recruiting for a QC Microbiologist for an analytical validation centre which opened recently. You will perform microbiological assays for a range of drug delivery intermediates and fill finished products, supporting both in-house production and testing for external clients.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a growing business, this will be an excellent career opportunity. The company is paying a generous salary (to be discussed on application) and this role is initially offered on a 12-month fixed-term contract (but with a very good chance of becoming permanent). You will encounter a range of projects, using your full spectrum of microbiological techniques (including rapid microbial identification testing and bioburden techniques).
You will join an exciting and innovative business who have developed and patented a novel drug delivery carrier. This drug delivery mechanism can be loaded with a range of ingredients, ranging from DNA to vitamins and proteins. They are also able to alter the design of their carrier to be polypharmaceutical, allowing several different methods for administration and timed release. The company is headquartered in the UK and has opened a new facility in Sussex to perform a range of analysis and analytical validation to support manufactured products and offer additional outsourced services.
- Devise and perform microbiological validation tests and equipment qualifications using SOPs and Validation Protocols.
- Analyse and report test results.
- Clean, calibrate and maintain equipment.
- Prepare and maintain reagents, standards, microbial cultures, or control samples; perform stock checks.
- Perform general laboratory housekeeping duties.
- Draft SOPs.
- Promptly report and investigate any out-of-limits, invalid tests or deviations from expected results or documented procedures.
The successful candidate will have a Microbiology degree (or similar), combined with several years’ experience gained in a commercial GMP / GLP setting.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge of a range of microbiological techniques including;
- Bioburden testing
- Microbial identification (ideally Vivek 2)
Ideally you will also have written docements suchs as SOPs and reports for regulatory authorities. Experience of setting up a laboratory is also an advantage.
We are looking for a trustworthy, passionate scientist who enjoys troubleshooting and can work with minimal supervision.