Are you a trained Diagnostic Radiographer, looking for a unique position? Two brand-new roles have been created in Reading, Berkshire, to join one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies. You will be part of a team that has been created to apply and develop machine learning innovations within radiology, and to combine cutting-edge diagnostic imaging with real world data and medical records in order to better predict patient outcomes, in conjunction with global clinical trials.
The company is a household Pharmaceutical name with a world-class reputation for working environment and career development, and you will encounter some exciting opportunities here which you would not find in many other places. Whilst your primary location will be the head office in Reading, you will also have the opportunity to work 2 days per week from home.
You will ideally start in January 2020. Both roles are offered on a contract basis for 12 months initially, with very competitive pay rates (to be discussed on application) and a good chance of extension beyond 12 months.
Your role will be based around ensuring standardised imaging and quality of image data in clinical studies and non-study projects. Full details will be provided on application, but this is a summary of your main responsibilities:
- Performing image quality control and quality assurance for incoming and outgoing images and accompanying data.
- Acquiring, processing and interpreting cross-sectional images.
- Working with a range of imaging, including CT, MRO, nuclear medicine methods (scintigraphy, PET), ultrasound, conventional X-Ray, cardiac MRI, cardiac CT, echocardiography etc.
- Advanced use of MS Office software and radiologic image visualisation systems.
- Supporting the Image Quality Management team in providing a customer-oriented service to clinical research associates (CRAs), study management, clinicians, external contract research organizations (CROs) and investigational study sites to ensure optimal image quality.
- Supporting training on processing and handling image data and documents (e.g., for global investigational study sites).
- Supporting preparation of presentations (e.g., for investigator meetings) on processing and handling of image data and their transfer into systems.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for hard-working individuals who communicate very well with people at all levels. You will need to have qualifications and some experience in Diagnostic Radiography, with particular knowledge of CT and MRI scanning and how to interpret diagnostic imaging. Candidates will be considered from both the public and private sector, provided you can demonstrate the ability to thrive in a large Pharmaceutical / Healthcare setting.
You will ideally live close to Reading, though candidates will be able to work 2 days a week from home if they live further afield (e.g. London).