In time for a major expansion strategy; this much-anticipated private Cell & Gene Therapy Biotech, backed by the current go-to “journey” VC within the cell & gene therapy sector, have opened a brand-new opportunity for a Director/Head of Vector Processing.
This position would only be suitable for a highly ambitious person driven by the prospect of taking a small team of 3 and building to an expected 150-person strong Manufacturing facility in the next 5 years. As well as exponential personal growth, this person’s strategic and operational influence and decision making will have a significant direct impact on shareholder value, reflected in the value of their own share allocations.
- Significant funding and expert backing from a highly sought after, advanced therapy specialist VC with strong exit record operating a highly-rare “seed-to-market” strategy
- Compelling, validated, meaningful progress made towards company’s vision to be "the leading engineered cell therapy company in the world within their specialist indication areas”
- Next-generation, disruptive technology, indicative of a major advancement on the trending technologies of T cell therapies
- High performing, world-class leadership team constructed from high-profile cell & gene, advanced therapy, rare disease and specialty medicines businesses
- Priority emphasis on culture and employee engagement, inclusive of culture-driven business decision making at all levels
- Collaborate internally
- Keep innovating (no red tape)
- Have fun (technically astute people that are not fun will not make the grade)
Visualising the journey with the extremely down-to-earth, fun and highly popular hiring manager (VP, Product Delivery); in year 1 this person will lead a team of 3 vector processing scientists. Alongside this the company is currently executing on its pipeline expansion strategy to deliver 2 more constructs with a further 3-4 expected in 2020, in time for a Series A uplift that will take them in to the clinic. Then, from year 2, and as part of the hiring manager's own Product Delivery Leadership team, the seniority and volume of headcount will rise to 15 with a gathered growth momentum then expected in the form of a 10 fold increase for the subsequent 3 years, as this person builds out the entire internal CMC function for the business (to c. 150 headcount).
The Head of Vector Processing with be technically astute in lentiviral vector process development, specifically within the cell & gene therapy arena.
- Leadership of the vector processing group with responsibility for the development of a vector manufacturing platform to support product development and provide clinical trial supply across Quell’s product portfolio
- Development of relevant technology platform solutions (e.g. PAT) in partnership with third parties
- Development and execution of a sound strategy to develop and grow the vector processing group in line with the company’s business plan
- Close collaboration with other teams to ensure product development and manufacturing strategies, targets and ways of working are fully aligned
- Visible and credible external engagement (e.g. with academic groups, CMOs etc.) to support company deliverables
- Oversee and manage the manufacture of vectors and plasmids through close collaboration with CMOs
- Technical leadership and input to the regulatory strategy regarding vector process development
- Technical review of regulatory documentation (INDs, IMPDs etc.) and participation in engagement with regulatory bodies such as the EMEA and FDA.
Due to the nature of this company and position, and as expected, there is already a high level of interest from candidates in Next Phase’s immediate network, so if this is something that has aroused great interest, and you believe you are a suitable consideration for this position, please make contact urgently.