Are you an ambitious and highly organised individual, looking for a part time Receptionist position? Due to expansion my client one of the UK’s most exciting Life Science businesses with a state-of-the-art manufacturing site in Stevenage require an experienced Receptionist to join their growing team. This is a permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you have Receptionist experience gained within a professional environment, this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Role: The purpose of this role is to provide both professional reception cover, first class meet and greet and customer service approach, and the management of meeting room facilities and equipment for the clients new offices.
This position is a job share, and therefore the post holders will be required to provide cover during leave and any other times with reasonable notice.
- To provide reception cover for the clients Manufacturing Centre.
- Handling of incoming telephone enquiries, screening of calls and taking / relaying accurate and concise messages where appropriate
- To be the first point of contact and to represent the professionalism of the Company to all internal and external stakeholders/collaborators
- To ensure compliance to the security policy of the site including access and sign in policies, to include visitor management
- To control the key management system including tracking of keys allocated to Collaborators, Contractors and staff
- Management of meeting room facilities and equipment, including room booking arrangements
- To escalate any housekeeping / cleaning issues / repairs to Facilities
- To provide adhoc Secretarial support to the business
- To provide adhoc diary and travel Management for the Manufactruing Centre as and when required
- Involvement in event organisation as and when required
- To provide an excellent and professional service, ensuring effective and timely communication at all levels
- Collection and distribution of all incoming post, and co-ordination and management of outgoing post.
- To respond as necessary to alarms and alerts from various Building Management systems and escalate as appropriate in line with Company procedures.
- Organise couriers as and when needed
- Adhoc filing and archiving of all documentation in accordance with Company procedures, both electronically and hard copy
- To book taxis for visitors, colleagues and collaborators
- To arrange catering for meetings
- To report faults with vending machines with appropriate provider
- To monitor stock levels of stationery and kitchen consumables and maintain a minimum stock level is available
- Record keeping of inductions and issue of access cards for the centre.
- Maintain daily visitor list for the center and co-ordinate with site visitor centre
- Maintain up to date distribution lists for the centre
- Excellent working knowledge of working within a fast moving research and development environment, ideally from working within a similar position.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role
The position is a ‘job share’ and working 22.50 hours per week (Monday to Friday) to provide professional reception cover for the manufacturing centre during ‘core hours’ (8:30am-1:15pm) with a daily 15-minute unpaid break.