In parallel with consistent steady growth, a recently increased effort to in-license further rare disease products and an ever-evolving HR function across both the UK & European teams; this highly efficient, people-led, SME Pharma company (50 headcount in UK team), have opened up the opportunity for an outgoing Head of HR, UK to join their UK Leadership team.
This position would only be suitable for a highly dynamic yet technically astute person that thrives on the rewards of an ever-varying senior level HR role across strategic, technical, operational and managerial responsibilities within a smaller business.
This person will be a core member of the UK Executive Committee, able to think strategically about the “big picture" impacts of HR decision-making whilst also rolling up their sleeves and deeply embedding themselves in the highly unified company culture at all levels.
- Member of the UK Executive Committee alongside the Managing Director, Finance Director, Commercial Director and Compliance Director
- 4 years since UK affiliate also became EU HQ - lots of opportunity to influence ongoing and ever-evolving processes and policies, including cross-culturally
- Heavily weighted focus towards personnel and process development responsibilities
- Minimal involvement with talent acquisition duties
- Reporting to popular MD with 8 years’ experience in the business
- Extremely low staff turnover – many employees having experienced exceptional internal progression routes and surpassing the 10-year mark
- Development potential – The Managing Director’s last 3 roles were created for him. If someone is actively involved and interested in the company, they are happy and motivated about their work and where things are going, they will always get support to consider different avenues and things that interest them in the business
- Innovation proactively encouraged - Lots of projects going on internally that people can get involved with that have been born out of people’s own ideas and supported and promoted by the business to progress with
- Priority emphasis on employee engagement and wellbeing;
- Company’s Hiring Manager’s primary focus is on their employee’s emotional wellbeing and motivational engagement (The HM for this role has never before seen this level of pro-active engagement compared to other companies he has worked at)
- Proactive enrolment and involvement in a “best companies” survey now in its 4th year. They scored 1 star this year which = very good levels of employee engagement. Additional work now underway to consistently improve year on year
- Personal development budget of £160k for 2020 to support each employee’s personal development plans for the year. Also recently spent £80k on a 10-day KAM training program, taking the entire team out of the field during this time to focus exclusively on personal development.
- Social fund for many team activities such as;
- Regular money behind the bar
- Vegas night (casino night, meal and drinks)
- Clay pigeon shooting
- London dungeons
- Gin Distillery visit etc.
- Flexi-time (10-3pm - core hours)
- On the spot reward and recognition
- “chilli bottles” provided to encourage employees to drink more water
- George Foreman grills introduced to the kitchen
- Wellbeing expert visits
- Free fruit
- New coffee machine with every type of combination you could ever need
- Fitness trackers recently given to staff with ongoing global corporate challenge to do the most steps
- Outgoing personality, willing to engage at all levels
- Pharma background
- Leadership and line management
Due to the nature of this company and position, and as expected, there is already a high level of interest from candidates in Next Phase’s immediate network, so if this is something that has aroused great interest, and you believe you are a suitable consideration for this position, it is advisable to make contact immediately.
Best of luck!
Head of Rare Diseases and Cell & Gene Therapy