A leading Biopharmaceutical company in Worthing, West Sussex is creating a brand-new QC team to work over the weekend (Friday – Monday) to complement their existing Monday – Friday team. This has led to this new permanent role in the across the Chemistry and Biochemistry lab. As a Lab Technician, you will have a range of lab support and administration duties to support the sampling and testing of innovative drug products.
Even though you are working 4 days a week, not the usual 5, you will be paid the equivalent of a full-time salary (up to £19,500) – which is inclusive of 25% weekend shift allowance. The company also offers a generous salary and benefits package, together with excellent training and a supportive, friendly working environment.
This is a permanent position and will be an excellent opportunity to progress your career with one of the most unique and highly respected pharmaceutical companies in the country. If you have an interest in science, backed with some experience in a lab or similar setting, and if you can demonstrate very high standards of work, this will be an excellent career move.
You will undertake a range of duties, either within the Chemistry and Biochemistry labs, including:
- Maintenance of the cleanliness of laboratories (including washing glassware)
- Daily calibration / verification of lab equipment (e.g. balances, pH meters, pipettes)
- Preparation and coordination of despatch of samples for external analysis
- Checking the quality of different components
- Performance of simple analytical tests
- Generation, collation and archiving of QC documentation
- Management of sample receipt and entering of sample information on computer system
- Coordination of maintenance activities for QC equipment
- Management of QC inventory (including ordering)
- Disposal of laboratory waste
- Preparation of laboratory reagents
The successful candidates will be careful and committed individuals with a real interest in science and the desire to do something important. Previous experience in a lab (either a commercial laboratory or a school / college lab) would be a big advantage, though candidates will also be considered from other settings such as cleaning, clean room operations, kitchen, logistics / warehousing or some other process-driven environment. Please note that these positions are not intended for recent graduates. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work by yourself and as part of a collaborative team, together with the ambition to develop a career within a scientific organisation. You must be able to commit fully to working Friday to Monday each week.