In parallel with consistent growth, a recently increased effort to in-license further rare disease products and an ever-evolving HR function across the leadership teams, especially since an evolution in structural lines in September 2019; this highly efficient, people-led, SME Pharma company (40 headcount in EU team), have now opened up a newly created, first-in-company opportunity for a culturally-savvy Head of HR – Europe to join their already-impressive leadership team.
This position would only be suitable for a highly dynamic yet technically astute person that thrives on the rewards of an ever-varying executive level HR role across strategic, technical, operational and managerial responsibilities within a smaller business.
This person will be a core member of both the European Executive Committee and the Strategy Committee, able to think strategically about the “big picture" impacts of HR decision-making whilst also rolling up their sleeves and deeply embedding themselves in the highly unified company culture at all levels.
- Member of the European Executive Committee alongside the Managing Director, Finance Director, Commercial Director and Compliance Director
- Member of the Strategy Committee alongside Managing Director for Europe, European Heads and affiliate Managing Directors
- 4 years since the inception of EU HQ - lots of opportunity to influence ongoing and ever-evolving processes and policies, including cross-culturally
- Extremely close working with EU Managing Director and EU Head of Commercial
- Heavily weighted focus towards personnel and process development responsibilities
- Minimal involvement with talent acquisition duties
- Reporting to popular MD with 8 years’ experience in the business
- Extremely low staff turnover – many employees having experienced exceptional internal progression routes and surpassing the 10-year mark
- Lots of extremely fluid personal development potential – Many of the leadership team have had many of their previous roles created for them based on their individual strengths, motivations and commitments to various parts of the business
- Innovation proactively encouraged - Lots of projects going on internally that people can get involved with that have been born out of people’s own ideas and supported and promoted by the business to progress with
- Priority emphasis on employee engagement and wellbeing;
- Company’s Hiring Manager’s primary focus is on their employee’s emotional wellbeing and motivational engagement
- Proactive enrolment and involvement in a “best companies” survey now in its 4th year. They scored 1 star this year which = very good levels of employee engagement. Additional work now underway to consistently improve year on year
- Social fund for many team activities such as regular money behind the bar, vegas nights (casino night, meal and drinks), clay pigeon shooting, theatre, London dungeons, Gin distillery visits etc.
- Flexi-time (10-3pm - core hours)
- On the spot reward and recognition
- “chilli bottles” provided to encourage employees to drink more water
- George Foreman grills introduced to the kitchen
- Wellbeing expert visits
- Free fruit
- New coffee machine with every type of combination you could ever need
- Fitness trackers recently given to staff with ongoing global corporate “steps challenge”
- Experience of multi-affiliate HR management, ideally across several EU countries
- Outgoing personality, able to engage at all levels
- Pharma background
- Leadership and line management
- A person seeking a challenging high-impact role where they can make a real difference
Due to the nature of this company and position, and as expected, there is already a high level of interest from candidates in Next Phase’s immediate network, so if this is something that has aroused great interest, and you believe you are a suitable consideration for this position, it is advisable to make contact immediately.
Best of luck!
Head of Rare Diseases and Cell & Gene Therapy