A truly pioneering Biotech who have developed automated mammalian cell engineering technologies and their application to accelerate the development and manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies; are recruiting for a Senior Scientist - Upstream Process Development. As a Senior Scientist you will be leading cutting edge research programmes to develop scalable manufacturing processes for viral vectors with the responsibility for managing 2 members of staff.
Based in Oxford you will be part of a team that is at the beginning of an expansion phase to increase the size and capabilities of their Process Development Group. The Senior Scientist – Upstream Process Development will focus on developing and then implementing pioneering bioreactor viral vector based production.
The responsibilities of the Senior Scientist – Upstream Process Development includes:
- You will be the technical lead in the development of scalable viral vector production using suspended mammalian cell culture
- Lead, plan and implement viral vector production activities from 1L to 10L scale
- Adopt statistical approaches for process optimization at small (15ml to 25ml) scale
- Develop and implement processes for mammalian production systems.
- Involvement in a number of projects including both commercially focused and internal platform development.
- Line manage 1 or 2 members of staff
Skills & expertise:
They are seeking a scientist with an engineering mindset with the ability to think innovatively to lead projects to develop scalable manufacturing processes.
- A PhD, DPhil, or MSc in Cell biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, or similar area.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of Bioreactors up to 10L or larger for mammalian cell culture.
- Experience of viral vector manufacture is advantageous e.g. Lentiviral, AAV and Adenoviral
- Experience of using bioreactors such as ambr15, or DASGIP bioreactors
- Prior industry experience is advantageous.
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and are reimagining what is possible with mammalian cell engineering to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell & gene therapies. With a particular focus on the development of lentiviral, AAV and adenoviral vectors.
They have the capability to conduct robust mammalian cell engineering with their automated and informatics driven approaches means they can solve problems no one else can. They have developed advanced platforms provide market leading expertise in support of the development of gene therapies, antibody-based therapeutics and the application of CRISPR / gene editing technologies.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on the spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.