A pioneering T Cell Therapy company who are developing a technology that revolutionises the treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases are recruiting for a Senior Scientist - Lentiviral Process Development; to join their team based in West London. This is a role where you will be able to apply your science in a cutting-edge environment working for a growing company in an innovative environment.
The role of Senior Scientist is to lead research programmes for both upstream and downstream processing of Lentiviral vectors. As a Senior Scientist you will design the experimental programmes working with the Group Leader and then lead these in the laboratories working as part of a small team. What makes this opportunity stand out is that you will be able to use your scientific expertise and thinking compared to more restrictive environments.
An Overview of responsibilities:
- Lead and implement the development of scale up, production and purification processes for Lentiviral vectors
- Design and operate Harvest Filtration, Nuclease Treatment, Chromatography, UF / DF, and Final Filtration Operations.
- Manufacture Lentiviral vectors at a small scale using single use systems.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues on developmental programmes
- Contribute the scientific direction of the team to develop new and optimise existing processes.
- Oversee tech transfer to manufacturing site
- Experience of production (USP) and purification (DSP) of viral vectors (preferably Lentivirus although AAV or gamma retro experience is useful).
- Experience in the design and operation of Harvest Filtration, Nuclease Treatment, Chromatography, UF/DF, Final Filtration unit operations.
- Manufacturing (GMP) experience of Lentiviral vectors in an academic or commercial environment.
- Understanding of plasmid quality control for manufacturing and considerations for GMP batches.
- Experience of or at least a detailed understanding Lentiviral analytics for both physical and infectious titre and for the key process residuals (HCP and DNA etc.)
The company: The company have developed unique T – Cell technologies that are innovative and life changing for patients that suffer from autoimmune, organ replacement, and inflammatory diseases. They are engineering T – Cells ex vivo that suppress the immune system and have the ability to direct the cells to the right area of the body. They are now expanding their operations as their cell therapies progress to clinical trials, develop their pipeline further and develop manufacturing operations for Phase I trials. As a company they are driven and committed to the development of therapies that are life changing to patients. With the vision to develop a global biopharmaceutical company that is bringing cell therapies for a range of diseases beyond their current pipeline.
They have a strong culture which they are rightly proud of that focuses on innovation, collaborative work, respectful and work with integrity. Due to their potential there are excellent career prospects on offer due to their projected growth but also the framework that has been put in place by their excellent leadership team.