A biotech who are at the centre of the Cell & Gene Therapy sector are seeking a Project Manager to join their increasingly impactful Advanced Therapies Apprenticeship Community Team (ATAC). The purpose of the team is to deliver this innovative national apprenticeship programme to raise the possibility of a career in this sector. As a company their mission is to drive the growth of the sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies to bring them to patients. Please note for this role you can be remotely based, working from home and within reachable distance of the Stevenage for occasional meetings.
The Role of Project Manager:
This opportunity is within the ATAC Team and will be responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the project team. Covering the planning, mapping and delivery of agreed events and workstream activities in alignment with apprenticeship standards and delivery. Please note this role offers working from home with occasional travel to Stevenage.
- Management of cohort activity across various programmes for over 100 apprentices that involves employers, training providers and project team.
- Mapping, planning and implementation of events for cohorts and all programmes.
- Design and then implement cohort activity such as coordination with industry hosts, guest speakers, and administration for joining instructions, hotel bookings and feedback,
- Develop and execute marketing and communication activities for ATAC programmes.
- Develop the progress and success measures for monthly reporting that includes working to deliver objectives identified within budget.
- Identify and formulate governance processes for projects, overseeing regular coordination and updates at progress meetings.
- Conduct horizon scanning for appropriate conferences, events and national campaigns.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Demonstrable experience of successful events management and campaign development
- Experience of developing and facilitating meetings and / or events
- Experience in the identification, collation, tracking and recording of project activities. With the ability to identify interdependencies, taking in mitigating actions to then escalate where necessary.
- Experience within the Biologics, Biotech, Pharma or similar sector is advantageous
- Preferably have experience of apprenticeships and recruitment but not essential
- Project management qualification advantageous but not essential.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.