Do you have strong experience in scheduling or planning, gained within Pharmaceutical production or a similarly regulated environment? A brand-new role has been created in Stevenage, Herts, for an Engineering Scheduler to co-ordinate maintenance planning within a state-of-the-art Cell & Gene Therapy GMP manufacturing facility. This is a permanent position with a very competitive salary (around £40k or possibly slightly higher, plus excellent benefits) and this will be an excellent opportunity to build on your experience and develop your career.
You will join a pioneering company that is developing cancer treatments using next-generation T-cell therapies. They have an excellent reputation as an employer and you will be part of something that will be genuinely life-changing for a lot of people. The company is easily accessible, on the outskirts of Stevenage, and provides ample parking.
Reporting to the Director of Site Facilities and Engineering, you will be responsible for the development and management of an equipment maintenance scheduling process. This will support and coordinate maintenance, calibration and qualification activities for manufacturing and QC equipment. Using a computerised maintenance management system, you will ensure that engineering activities (including by external contractors) are performed correctly, without impacting on GMP manufacturing schedules.
Your role will include:
- Managing the introduction of new equipment
- Managing and arranging 3rd party contractors (including monitoring insurance certification, risk assessments, method statements, induction records etc),
- Developing report metrics to optimise processes
- Organising facility shutdowns.
You will work in partnership with engineering, production and quality teams and this will be a pivotal role for the smooth running of production, especially as the company continues to grow.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong experience of Maintenance Scheduling / Planning in a regulated environment (ideally GMP or sterile Pharmaceutical / Gene Therapy production)
- Computerised Maintenance Management System experience, and strong IT skills
- Ability to manage external contractors
- Engineering qualification preferred (not essential)
- Ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders
- Good project management and contract management skills
Full details will be provided on application. This is a permanent role in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, paying around £40k plus benefits, and this salary may be slightly negotiable for the right person.