Do you have a few years’ experience in a highly regulated environment (GMP / ISO / sterile preferred)? Do you have a qualification in Occupational Health & Safety, with at least a NEBOSH national diploma or equivalent? Can you demonstrate the ability to implement, manage and communicate change within a fast-paced setting? If you can answer YES to these questions then this will be an excellent career opportunity.
This is a permanent position with a very competitive salary (around £50k - £55k, plus 10% bonus, stock options and excellent benefits) and this will be an excellent opportunity to build on your expertise.
You will join a pioneering company that is developing and manufacturing cancer treatments using next-generation T-cell therapies. They have a state-of-the-art production and testing facility which follows strict GMP regulations and aseptic standards. They have an excellent reputation as an employer and you will be part of something that will be genuinely life-changing for a lot of people. The company is easily accessible, on the outskirts of Stevenage, and provides ample parking.
Reporting to the Director of Site Facilities and Engineering, you will:
- Develop, implement and manage SHE systems and processes at the company’s Stevenage site, being mindful of new and changing social distancing requirements
- Integrate systems across the company’s other sites and develop a “safety first” culture across the whole business.
- Ensure staff are aware of the importance of safety protocols and safety-first mindset
- Conduct risk assessments and internal compliance audits
- Manage first aid and fire safety representatives
- Act as the Safety, Health & Environmental representative to the landlord and external auditors, and be a key member of the company SHE committee
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good qualification (NEBOSH certificate as a minimum) in Occupational Health & Safety
- Strong experience gained in a regulated environment, preferably based around the production and lab testing of biologics or Pharmaceuticals (other industries also considered)
- Knowledge of GMP and aseptic / sterile processing preferred (but not essential)
- Proven skills in introducing and managing change
- Professional and engaging approach with people at all levels
- Strong IT skills
Full details will be provided on application. This is a brand-new, permanent role in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, paying £50k - £55k (depending on experience) plus 10% bonus, stock options and benefits.