A pioneering company who are at the centre of the Cell & Gene Therapy sector who provide the expertise needed to commercialise these life changing therapies. Are seeking a Senior Scientist with experience of Downstream Viral Vector processing to lead cutting edge R&D projects working on innovative technologies.
The company’s mission is to drive its growth of the sector to ensure these therapies are commericalised and have an international presence with projects coming from Europe, US and Asia. To complement their projects coming from innovative UK projects. They collaborate with academia & industry, providing their expertise to take therapies across the translational gap, into the clinic and the through clinical trials. Taking an innovative approach to develop and adopt the latest technologies to keep them are the forefront of the sector.
The Role of Senior Scientist:
This opportunity is within their Viral Vector team that is well established and having an increasing impact. As a Senior Scientist you will be providing leadership and expertise in the delivery of viral vector (lentiviral, AAV and retroviral) process development projects. Their focus is on the development of closed and scalable bioprocessing techniques suitable for GMP manufacture.
- Apply scientific expertise e.g. Viral Vector Biology, Bioprocessing knowledge, to develop robust GMP processes
- Responsible for the delivery analytical development and viral vector processes
- Develop experimental design processes suing technical ability and working with Lead Scientist
- Focus on downstream processes from vector harvest to final fill operations
- Support Lead Scientists or Programme Managers in the planning and pricing of projects
- Work with Project Management team to enable and develop tech transfer processes
- Input into the design of manufacturing protocols to be implemented at their manufacturing facility
- Develop protocols to support technology development and regulatory submissions
This is an excellent opportunity where you will be able to apply your science in an innovative environment at the cutting edge for the development of viral vectors.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- A PhD within a relevant life science is desirable but not essential, however a BSc within Life Sciences is essential
- Experience of the Downstream Processing of Viral Vectors – Lentivrial / AAV / Retroviral for example
- Experience of GMP regulations
- Experience of purification, chromatography, filtration, and separation techniques
- Experience in the development of analytical and charaterisation assays
- Experience of mammalian cell culture techniques
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.