Do you have a PhD, a Home Office PIL ABC personal licence and some experience in Pre-Clinical Imaging? If so, this unique opportunity in Alderley Park, Macclesfield, will be a fantastic way to further your expertise. A 1-year maternity cover contract position (with potential for extension) has been created with an innovative biotech organisation that accelerates drug discovery, partnering with UK-based innovators to support the development and industrialisation of new medicines.
We are looking for someone who can ideally start as soon as possible, based on site in Alderley Park. You will join a small, supportive team which has remained fully operational in the labs and offices during the lockdown, supporting ongoing initiatives around drug distribution, pharmacokinetic, biomarker, efficacy and toxicity studies to advance different drug development programmes.
The company offers state-of-the-art pre-clinical Imaging capabilities including in-vivo PET, high frequency ultrasound, IVIS near infra red imaging, gamma counting, and computed tomography, as well as ex-vivo imaging capabilities DESI, MALDI and a digital spatial profiler. We have our advanced microscopy and supra-resolution imaging. The company’s molecular pathology suite with combined in-vivo and ex-vivo capabilities offers a comprehensive range of imaging capabilities.
Alongside two experienced Pre-Clinical Scientists, and in collaboration with a range of academic and commercial organisations, your role will be broad and will include:
- Design of pre-clinical studies with external partner organisations
- Delivery of pre-clinical imaging studies to meet agreed deliverables from the project plan
- With informatics input, analysis of imaging data to provide quantitative biomarker imaging end-points
- In-vivo model development and utilisation
- Contributing scientific and high-quality data to complex collaborative projects
- Implementation of effective lab processes, experimental records, and safety including compliance in working with open bench radioactivity
- Developing your knowledge of emerging imaging technologies across a range of pre-clinical imaging platforms
Skills and Experience
We are looking for a hard-working individual who communicates very well with people at all levels. You will need to have a PhD, a Home Office PIL ABC Personal Licence and some experience gained in a Pre-Clinical Imaging environment. You must be able to demonstrate a passion for Imaging and for developing your technical knowledge; and you will need to show your ability to work in a varied, fast-paced environment which requires versatility and focus.
This role would suit a highly motivated and experienced scientist who is keen to develop and apply their imaging skills to advance drug discovery. It is an opportunity to collaborate with an amazing team of imaging scientists, working closely with other disciplines to innovate in the delivery of drug discovery programmes. You will benefit from working on projects spanning across multiple high-profile organisations, with access to world-class laboratory teams and facilities.