The company were established in 2012 with the purpose to make the UK the place to commercialise Cell & Gene Therapies working in collaboration with partner based in the UK, Europe, US and Asia for example. The offer cutting edge technology, services, and capabilities to take a therapy across the translational gap. Then into the clinic, through clinical trials to launch. They have now expanded to 3 sites with a unique GMP manufacturing site based in Stevenage with a linked cluster that offer the capability to manufacture these life changing therapies for clinical trial and commercial scale.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role of Business Development Associate is to work as part of the BD team to identify, reach to, develop, and secure contracts for this cutting-edge site. You will be focusing on business development activities across the company as well as the execution of fee for service contracts at the manufacturing centre. Please Note: This is 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Work in close collaboration with Project Managers and SME’s to prepare contracts for the BD Executive.
- Focusing on the Fee for Service contracts
- Working with colleagues to prepare submissions for grant funding
- Working collaboratively to prepare applications for collaborative R&D initiatives.
- Work to optimise the usage of the CRM to achieve outputs as required
- Maintain the pipeline in the CRM to ensure this is up to date and correct.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Experience of internal sales or similar support role in a sales environment
- Experience within the life science / pharmaceutical / biotech sector is advantageous
- Experience of managing a database is advantageous
- Degree in any discipline is also advantageous.