The company were established in 2012 with the purpose to make the UK the place to commercialise Cell & Gene Therapies working in collaboration with partner based in the UK, Europe, US and Asia for example. The offer cutting edge technology, services, and capabilities to take a therapy across the translational gap. Then into the clinic, through clinical trials to launch.
They have now expanded to 3 sites with this role being based at their new Braintree facility which will be manufacturing therapies at a commercial scale and a COVID vaccine as part of the Government’s response. This site has received significant initial funding that is to be followed by a further £110 million over the next 5 years. Which includes brand new D & C grade clean rooms and a 200 L fermenter train to meet the high level of demand for their expertise.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role of Project Engineer is to facilitate the modification and improvement of the new facility so it is suitable for the manufacture of cell & gene therapies as well as a COVID Vaccine. To also take ownership of projects for the continuous improvement of the centre to meet the evolving needs of the business.
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Manage engineering projects from inception to completion
- Drive projects forwards whether leading these or working as part of a team.
- Develop and deliver business cases including budgets to support capital project proposals.
- Manage projects through each stage of the lifecycle – design, construction, commissioning, and validation phases
- Ensure projects are in compliance with company, industry H&S and GMP regulations
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a GMP environment
- Experience of Vaccine, Biologics, Cell Therapy or Gene Therapy environment
- Project management experience
- Experience of managing contractors and contract resources