A truly pioneering Biotech, based in Oxford, who are leading the way in the development of Cell & Gene Therapies. With expertise in cutting edge technologies such as revolutionising gene engineering applications, viral vector development & manufacturing systems. They are now recruiting for a Project Manager due to the increased volume of manufacturing and R&D programmes taking these from initiation through to completion. Based in Oxford you will be part of a team that is at the beginning of an expansion phase to match the changing needs of the business as they evolve as one of the fastest growing Biotech’s in the UK.
Purpose of the Project Manager:
The purpose of the Project Manager is to lead and drive innovative R&D or manufacturing programmes taking these from inception through to close out. Driving these forwards at each stage by working closely with colleagues in other functional areas, key external stakeholders and the Chief Commercial Officer.
An overview of the responsibilities includes:
- Lead projects from end to end – working to set out the scope, costs, sales price, programme and timelines.
- Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, Sales, Operational Departments to ensure projects reach key milestones and completion on time and in budget
- Be the key point of contact for customers for their bespoke projects
- Monitor the progress of projects, escalating issues should they arise.
- Provide regular reports to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate activities with the relevant internal teams and ensure they are on track working in a matrix environment.
Desired Skills & expertise:
- A degree in relevant biological subject, a higher level qualification is advantageous
- Project management experience in the Biotech of Pharmaceutical sector
- Knowledge of quality systems such as ISO, GLP or GMP for example
- Demonstrable project management experience either as sole focus of previous roles or part of a wider scope.
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and are reimagining what is possible with mammalian cell engineering to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell & gene therapies. With a particular focus on the development of lentiviral, AAV and adenoviral vectors.
They have the capability to conduct robust mammalian cell engineering with their automated and informatics driven approaches means they can solve problems no one else can. They have developed advanced platforms provide market leading expertise in support of the development of gene therapies, antibody-based therapeutics and the application of CRISPR / gene editing technologies.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on the spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.