They collaborate with academia & industry, providing their expertise to take therapies across the translational gap, into the clinic and the through clinical trials. The company’s mission is to drive its growth of the sector to ensure these therapies are commericalised and have an international presence with projects coming from UK, Europe, US and Asia. Taking an innovative approach to develop and adopt the latest technologies to keep them are the forefront of the sector.
The Role of Process Development Scientist:
This opportunity is within their Industrialisation Group whose responsibility is to conduct the Process Development for cell & gene therapies. They are seeking a Scientist with experience of Immunology to support the development of these life changing therapies.
- Scale up therapies from research scale by supporting the development of scalable processes for GMP manufacture
- Working with internal colleagues on assigned projects with external, process development, manufacturing, and analytical scientists.
- Plan, write, and execute experimental programmes with the Senior Scientists
- Take responsibility for the quality of the science for projects
- Using your expertise in Immunology and Immune Cell Processing techniques
- Working independently to drive projects forward using your science and expertise
- Write SOP’s for the therapies to be transferred to manufacture.
This is an excellent opportunity where you will be able to apply your science in an innovative environment at the cutting edge for develop of Cell & Gene Therapies with excellent career potential.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD in Immunoology or MSc / MRes with subsequent experience in academia / industry
- Experience in the isolation, selection and culture of primary immune cells
- Immunological characterization techniques such as flow cytometry, cytokine secretion, cytotxicity and proliferation
- Working knowledge of automated bioprocesses for autologous therapies such as CliniMACs Plus / Prodigy, Sepax, Lovo, fill / finish
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.