They collaborate with academia & industry, providing their expertise to take therapies across the translational gap, into the clinic and the through clinical trials. The company’s mission is to drive its growth of the sector to ensure these therapies are commericalised and have an international presence with projects coming from UK, Europe, US and Asia. Taking an innovative approach to develop and adopt the latest technologies to keep them are the forefront of the sector.
The Role of Senior Scientist:
As a Senior Scientist you will be responsible for working with the Director to design and then execute R&D programmes that focus on developing cutting edge cell engineering programmes. Their purpose is to use editing tools such as CRISPR / Cas9 to enhance the functions of therapeutically relevant cell types.
- Design and execute R&D programmes, working with the Director and Lead Scientists
- Managing multiple projects in the laboratory, driving these forwards to deliver these on time
- Take responsibility for the quality & standards of research
- Work with Programme Managers and Lead Scientists to plan and execute new gene editing work streams
- Be an SME in gene editing, sharing expertise cross functionally
- Applying your expertise to evolve existing and develop new protocols
- Generate protocols for ex vivo cell therapy products to support the development of new technology
This is an excellent opportunity where you will be able to apply your science in an innovative environment at the cutting edge for develop of Cell & Gene Therapies with excellent career potential.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD in relevant area with post doctoral and / or commercial expertise
- Strong Gene Editing experience using tools such as CRISPR / ZFN or TALENs
- Gene Editing experience in the translation / development of cell therapies is advantageous
- Cell culture of human and / or mammalian cell lines essential
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To completement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.